Concerning measures to stop anti-Ukrainian activities
On July 7, 2019, the head of the Russian state television and radio companies VGTRK and MIA "Russia Today" D. Kiselev announced conducting on July 12, 2019, in the broadcasts of the Russian television channel "Russia" and Ukrainian channel "NewsOne" of telethon "It is necessary to talk. Them.” that have gained wide public resonance.
In order to prevent the aggressor country from implementing the anti-Ukrainian information campaign acting Head of the Security Service of Ukraine I. Bakanov offers:
- to initiate before the President of Ukraine, the chairman of the National Security and Defense Council the immediate convening of an extraordinary meeting of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, in accordance with the Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine dated October 4, 2018 No. 2589-VIII (initiated by the Security Service of Ukraine in October 2018) to take a decision on the application of personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) to legal entities that broadcast under the logos "112 Ukraine" and "NewsOne", and put them into effect by the relevant Decree of the President of Ukraine;
- to appeal to the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada with a request at a forthcoming session of the Verkhovna Rada to consider the situation regarding the functioning of the said TV channels before the decision of the Anti-monopoly Committee of Ukraine regarding violations of the anti-monopoly legislation as a result of the acquisition of NewsOne, 112 Ukraine and ZIK TV channels by Taras Kozak.
- The SBU will inform the leaders of the media holding “Novyny" (channels 112 Ukraine, "NewsOne" and "ZIK") about the responsibility for conducting joint events with the channel "Russia" and other broadcasters of the state-aggressor under the sanctions of the CNSDU.
- to the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting regarding the possibility of warning the above-mentioned subjects of information activity about the inadmissibility of violation of licensing requirements and current legislation (cooperation with legal entities of Russia, which are in the sanction list of the National Security and Defense Council), which could be the basis for imposing fines on them.
- to initiate before the Verkhovna Rada on the legislative level the powers of the National Council of Ukraine on Television and Radio Broadcasting to take decisions on the revocation of the license for broadcasting or the revocation of the license of the provider of the program service without recourse to a court if the violations are not removed after the application of sanctions "announcement of warning" and “imposition of fine", or in the case of failure to comply with the order of the state regulator within the established by him deadlines;
- initiate before the Anti-monopoly Committee of Ukraine the use of measures to de-monopolize the information space by the media holding “Novyny".
SBU Press Centre
For the Attention of the SBU Head