SBU files to court indictment against “Lutsk terrorist”
The SBU completed the pre-trial investigation of the case against the armed terrorist, who seized a bus and held the passengers hostage in the center of Lutsk on July 21, 2020. During the special operation, the SBU jointly with the National Police released all the hostages and arrested the terrorist.
The perpetrator is charged with committing the following crimes:
- taking hostages;
- act of terrorism;
- knowingly false report of a threat to the safety of citizens, destruction or impairment of property;
- unlawful handling of weapons, ammunition or explosives;
- compulsion of a transport worker to misconduct in office;
- unlawful appropriation of a vehicle;
- trespass against life of a law enforcement officer, a member of a community formation for the protection of public order, or a military servant.
The SBU filed to court the corresponding indictment and the investigation materials.
On July 21, 2020 Maksym Kryvosh, a Volyn region resident, seized a bus en route from Krasnylivka to Berestechko in the center of Lutsk, and took 13 passengers hostage. The SBU CSO “A” operatives jointly with the National Police released the hostages and arrested the armed terrorist.
Thanks to the operation “Bumerang”, coordinated by the SBU Anti-Terrorist Center, the law enforcement was able to avoid civilian casualties.
According to the Art. 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine, a person is presumed innocent of committing a crime and shall not be subjected to criminal punishment until his or her guilt is proved through legal procedure and established by a court verdict of guilty.