SSU detains informant of russian war correspondent who guided missiles to Kryvyi Rih

The SSU Counterintelligence has thwarted another russian attempt to attack the locations of the Defense Forces in the frontline Dnipro region.

The enemy’s main targets included the combat positions of Ukrainian air defense defending Kryvyi Rih and the adjacent areas.

To adjust the missile strike on the AFU facilities, the occupiers remotely involved their informant, a 27-year-old local resident.

His actions were coordinated by the kremlin's war correspondent, who is a member of putin's media pool and cooperates with russian intelligence.

On the instructions of the enemy propagandist, his accomplice drove around the area trying to establish the locations of radar stations and anti-aircraft missile systems.

In addition, the spy marked the geolocation of Ukrainian checkpoints and military equipment repair bases on Google maps.

The offender planned to pass the information to the occupiers via the russian war correspondent by messenger.

However, the SSU has timely exposed the enemy accomplice and detained him red-handed when he was conducting additional reconnaissance near a potential target.

The detainee was seized of a cell phone with digital maps of the area, where he marked locations for the preparation of a russian air attack.

In addition, during a search of his home, an AK-74 rifle with silencers and ammunition was found.

According to the investigation, the traitor spread anti-Ukrainian comments on Telegram channels and thus came to the attention of the russian propagandist earlier this year.

SSU investigators have served the detainee a notice of suspicion under Art. 114-2.3 of the CCU (unauthorized dissemination of information on the sending, movement of weapons, armaments and ammunition to Ukraine, movement, transfer or deployment of the AFU).

The decision on additional qualification of the criminal actions under Art. 263 of the CCU (illegal handling of weapons, ammunition or explosives) is pending.

The offender is in custody facing up to 12 years in prison.

The operation was carried out by the SSU Office in Dnipro region under the procedural supervision of the Regional Prosecutor's Office.