Since beginning of war, SSU detains over 350 members of sabotage and reconnaissance groups and disrupts international channels for recruiting mercenaries for occupying army
The SSU continues to systematically counter intelligence and subversive activities of Russian occupiers. In particular, the SSU eliminated over 20 sabotage and reconnaissance groups and detained over 350 of their participants.
The SSU also massively exposes agents of hostile services. In the course of multi-stage special operations, the SSU disrupted attempts of the enemy’s military intelligence to transport militants from the Middle East to Ukraine.
‘These are just some examples of our results since the war started. And these results are the outcomes of coordinated work of many SSU officers, who do their job in a well-coordinated way in extremely difficult military conditions - as a team. Today, many of our colleagues with weapons in their hands are destroying the enemy on the battlefield. But no less important is the fight against reconnaissance and sabotage. We are currently building on the experience gained by the SSU over the 30 years of its existence, and we are doing everything to ensure that all our capabilities are used in the most effective way for the security of our State,’ said the SSU Head Ivan Bakanov on day of the 30th anniversary of the Service.
The recent results of the SSU include:
- Russian armed sabotage group was eliminated in Kyiv. To disguise subversive activities, they tried to pose as a unit of Ukrainian territorial defence;
- over 10 agents of Russian special services involved in aiding the invaders and war crimes in the temporarily occupied territory of Luhansk region were exposed;
- the SSU detained members of Russian intelligence networks who were gathering intelligence on electronic warfare means and UAVs of the Ukrainian military;
- in Zaporizhzhia, the SSU neutralized attempts by the occupiers’ services to carry out the so-called ‘federalization’ of the region. The enemy tried to implement such a plan through agents infiltrating the local authorities.
- Since the war started, the SSU disrupted major transnational channels for recruiting mercenaries for the war against Ukraine.
A separate line of work is the preparation of proposals to introduce sanctions for consideration by the National Security and Defense Council.
In particular, the SSU sent to the NSDC files on members of the Russian Security Council, the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly and members of the State Duma of Russia.
89 YouTube channels belonging to Russian media and Kremlin propagandists were blocked for information and subversive activities. Thousands of social media accounts have been blocked. They were used by hostile Internet agents to spread disinformation or transmit data on the deployment and movement of Ukrainian troops.
Upon all the revealed facts, comprehensive measures are underway to bring to justice and punish all those involved in the aggression against our state and killing of civilians.