Protection of Critical Infrastructure Facilities
Being in the current state of hybrid war significantly increases the threat to criti-cal infrastructure facilities. National security largely depends on the protection of such facilities.
Therefore, the SSU focuses on counterintelligence, counterterrorism and anti-sabotage protection of power generating facilities, transport and strategic indus-tries.
The Service systematically prevents:
- Emergency situations provoked by the aggressor;
- Malfunction of critical infrastructure facilities;
- Manipulation of the financial and banking sectors.
We also prevent the attempts to destroy liquid and strategic enterprises and to impose - via agents of influence - unprofitable state contracts.
Nowadays, Ukraine is actively forming a state system for critical infrastructure protection. The SSU is also being advised by experts from NATO and EU coun-tries.
The SSU’s priority tasks in this area are:
- Countering foreign economic expansion;
- Prevention of the use of financial power to cause systemic critical situations in the Ukrainian economy.