Central Office of the Security Service of Ukraine
The Central Office of the Security Service of Ukraine is the centre for the development and adoption of strategic decisions on issues within the competence of the Service. It is the Headquarters that coordinates the work of all structural units of the SSU on issues of state security and protection of its interests.
The Central Office includes the staff of the Chairman of the Security Service of Ukraine and its functional subdivisions, and the departments of:
- Protection of national statehood
- Counterintelligence protection of the state's interests in the field of economic security
- Counterintelligence protection of the state's interests in the field of information security
- Protection of state secrets and licensing
- Countering corruption and organised crime
- Protection of participants of criminal proceedings and law enforcement officers
- Operational and technical measures
- Operational documentation
- Information analysis, Personnel, Legal, Finance, Medical and other support functions
The Chairman of the SSU is appointed by the President of Ukraine, and the heads of all key departments are appointed by the President, upon the recommendation of the Chairman.
Please find contacts of the Central Office of the Security Service of Ukraine here.