The Centre of Special Operations “A”
The Presidential Decree of 23 June 1994 established Department “A” within the Central Office of the Security Service of Ukraine, with relevant units being created in the regions.
In July 1996, Department A was reorganised into the Department for Combating Terrorism, Protection of Participants of Criminal Proceedings and Employees of the Security Service of Ukraine.
Since December 27 2005, the Centre of Special Operations for Combating Terrorism, Protection of Participants of Criminal Proceedings and Employees of the Security Service of Ukraine has been operating.
The head of the Centre is Colonel Serhii Dusyk, who previously headed the department of the Centre of Special Operations “A” in Dnipropetrovsk region.
I wish you success, but at the same time I emphasise that you have a very responsible position. After all, you must always be ready to defend our country.
The priorities of the Centre of Special Operations “A” are:
- Cessation of terrorist acts.
- Countering illegal armed groups, terrorist organisations and intelligence and sabotage groups of foreign states.
- Ensuring that SSU officers carry out operative and search activities, counterintelligence measures, and procedural actions.
- Participation in the protection of public authorities and officials, as well as ensuring the security of employees working in the SSU, the Department of the State Guard and their relatives.
- Supporting the facilitation of martial law or a state of emergency if either are invoked.